Friday, July 3, 2015

DIY Massive Soap Dish

My SMF Alternative Liquid swap box arrived today! And I realized quite suddenly that I did not have adequate areas to keep soap in my bathroom! At least not as much soap as I'll have in there from the swap. :)

Don't worry, I'll do a separate post for the swap soaps. This is just how I threw together a quick DIY dish. You'll never get one this big from the store!

What I used: A plastic basket with faux-woven sides (that do include holes!), a sheet of craft mesh, and some crochet thread.


Also, make sure your supervisor checks off on the materials.






I cut out a sheet of mesh the same size as the bottom of the basket, then six little strips of mesh. Then I used lengths of the thread to secure the edges of the little strips together.





Once they were all secured, I cut the corners off of the sheet, then tied all of the petal-shaped feet to the mesh, both at their points and the center of the base. Once that's done, it was easy enough to just put it into place in the basket!







And once that's done, you can add it to your bathroom! Here it is with a sample soap in it (not one of the swap soaps! No spoilers!).


1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    best soap dish

    ReplyDelete